I've been happily using JQuery for a while and was wondering why people use
the frameworks that they do. I want to see how other's get flexibility and
efficiency (cool widgets and good response time) out of JavaScript.
For example: The current project I'm working on I've created a visual
display of a timeline using CSS and transparent PNGs and use it allow users
to visually manipulate date ranges. I ended up creating a custom JavaScript
object to represent each value/date range to centralize manipulation logic,
initialized on page load from data provided in page creation. The objects
generally end up being just a bunch of references to the objects on the page
to be manipulated, in addition to the logic. I use JQuery to create each
reference and then thus also for the manipulations themselves.

This is usually the extent of my use of JQuery and I'm wondering if I'm
missing something in other frameworks that may make my life easier in tasks
like this.

Thanks for your insights.
Josh