On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Bobby Roberts <tchend...@gmail.com> wrote:

> the path to inlines.py is:
>
> /django_apps/live/inlines/inlines.py
>

> live is on my pythonpath (my main application)
>
> blogs and inlines were pulled out of the basic app and put into these
> directories
>
> /django_apps/live/blog/  (works)
> /django_apps/inlines/    (doesn't work)
>
> you can view the full traceback here:
> http://www.thecigarcastle.com/blog/2009/nov/15/asdfasd/
>
> it's like it's trying to call inlines from
> django.templatetags.inlines   rather than from the inlines path noted
> above.

No, that's a red-herring error message.  Django actually tries to load tag
libraries from a templatetags directory under each app listed in
INSTALLED_APPS.  The fact that only django.templatetags is shown in the
error message does not mean that inlines.templatetags wasn't tried.

I think the problem is likely that you have removed the 'basic' element from
the directory path for these apps.  The blog one may not care, but it
appears (I'm assuming you are using the basic apps from here:
http://github.com/nathanborror/django-basic-apps) that the inlines one, as
coded, requires that basic be part of the app path.  See for example:

http://github.com/nathanborror/django-basic-apps/blob/master/basic/inlines/templatetags/inlines.py#L2

Those imports include 'basic' in their path.  If you have removed 'basic'
from the path where they are actually installed those imports are not going
to work any more.

Karen