I suspect that the query isn't being executed, cause you're not
accessing any elements?

have you tried to print games and see what comes out?

passing {games:"object_list"} seems like it should make sense, but
since I'm not an expert on Python or django, I'd imagine that the
"object_list" isn't being hit, hence the no query.

Try the print, and then you'll know if it's a variable in your
template error or something.

Do you have the code that you used when you used a generic view?

HTH