Hello.

I know ... this topic was discussed quite often. But all the hints I
found don't really help to setup Eclipse/Pydev under Ubuntu 9.10 for
Django 1.1 (from the official Ubuntu repositories).
I tried to follow this tutorial (http://solyaris.wordpress.com/
2007/05/16/how-to-djangopydev-on-feisty/), but /usr/share/python-
support/python-django/ is not present anymore under Ubuntu 9.10.
So I tried to add /usr/shared/pyshared/django, usr/share/python-
support/, /usr/lib/python/django to the PYTHONPATH, but without any
success. My projects still come up with many "undefined variable"
errors. For example an error is presented for User.add_to_class.
add_to_class (add_to_class is unkown), even if User seems to be known.
I read that it is difficult for the IDE to recognize all variables,
cause of the way some of those are generated on the fly (I am also new
to Python). But is it possible to get error free projects with Django
+ Pydev?
Why does Aptana for example does provide such a good Ruby support?
Does Python/Django provide more dynamic stuff than Ruby?

Regards,
Kai