Turkan,

Perhaps this will help. I just have done this
(PostGIS/Eclipse/Pydev/Django on Ubuntu 9.10) and it's working great!
After having problems because I had installed Postgres 8.4, I found the
script below, on the net somewhere.
Modify, as appropriate, if you don't need GIS.

You may also want this, for full support in pgadmin3:
apt-get install postgresql-contrib-8.3
cd /usr/share/postgresql/8.3/contrib
psql -U <username> postgres < adminpack.sql

Getting Eclipse working took some time, and I learned a lot from this:
http://www.socialtext.net/hearplanet/index.cgi?action=display;is_incipient=1;page_name=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.vlku.com%2Findex.php%2F2009%2F06%2F10%2Fdjangoeclipse-with-code-complete-screencast%2F

Best,
Liam