return u', '.join(self.facet.all())  does not work.  I believe from
Dive into Python .join expects a String:

"join works only on lists of strings; it does not do any type
coercion. Joining a list that has one or more non-string elements will
raise an exception."

But in the Python docs it says .join() takes an iterable
parameter.        self.facets.all() is a querySet, which is definitely
iterable.

Basically I would like to display every field of my Sample class in
the admin view, like so:

Sample1
      tag1       value1
      tag2       value2
      tag3       value3
sample2
     tag1        value4
     tag2        value5

Sample and tag are manytomany, and each tag should have one value at a
time.  It's this many to many relationship that I'm having trouble
with.
Am I to use inlines, the "through" attribute, write a custom method,
or do I need to hack the Admin to do something which I'm thinking
should be a very common thing.

Thanks!