Since it's urgent, I'll give an opinion despite not fully understanding your
description of the problem.

If it's going to be so far removed from what the admin app does by
default, I'd go with a custom view outside of the admin, which you
can customize to your heart's content.

That is, when it's really hard to fit something in an existing box, you
should probably build a different box.

Bill