Well just so you know, I reported this bug to FortiNet almost a year
ago 2015-12-09. That was when FortiMail got the DMARC implementation(firmware 5.3.0). Since that time we contacted their support, which gave us the answer I posted. So we tried to change it by contacting local Fortinet's representative but all he could do was create a new feature request.

The problem is, when Fortinet's engineering says it's by desing and not a bug there is nothing you can do to change that or maybe I just didn't have the right contacts high enough :). Anyway I am glad they will fix it.

Regards
  Petr