At AOL we're doing this with a confirmation popup in clients we control and
then sending a unsubscribe mail on behalf of the user when we find
unsubscribe mailto links, and I know that some 3rd party clients also have
started to implement unsubscribe logic (iOS 10 does so for example). I also
know (and I think I'm allowed to say) we've been working on code to do the
one click URL based unsubscribe as well.

--
PAUL ROCK
Principal Software Engineer | AOL Mail