On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Hector Santos <hsan...@isdg.net> wrote:

> Murray, I think we need to make the distinction of two different concepts
> and acronyms; MLM "Mailing List Manager" and MLS "Mail List Servers" that
> serve the MLM market.  There are some basic integration guidelines for both
> the MLS and MLM.  I understand we don't want to make any changes, but the
> front-end, receivers, websites, i.e.  Potential Entry Points, do need
> implementation change considerations.
> [...]

I think this is unrelated to my point.

It's my understanding that the idea of altering DMARC to better work with
mailing lists is on the table, though later in our list of milestones.  The
idea of specifying how MLMs (or MLSes, or whatever) should operate in a
DMARC world, however, is not.

I just don't want any of us operating under the illusion that we can
prescribe how extant MLMs need to change now that DMARC is in use if in
fact we can't.  There's obviously a lot of energy to be wasted in that
direction.

-MSK