I'm slightly confused.

I have a strong sense that the d= tag should be the same between the AS and
AMS within an ADMD. I can absolutely see why the s= might legitimately
vary. However, I can't seem the harm in the d= tag differing. If the
signatures validate, why should this matter?

Might this be simpler with language like "it is RECOMMENDED that the d=
value match between the AS and AMS, as any receiver might look at a
mismatch as suspicious."

i.e. Don't outright deny because maybe there's a legitimate reason to do
this that hasn't been discovered, and leave it up to receivers how to deal
with this?

Seth

--

[image: logo for sig file.png]

Bringing Trust to Email

Seth Blank | Head of Product for Open Source and Protocols
s...@valimail.com
+1-415-894-2724 <415-894-2724>