In the WG Interim Session, I had given a "+1" to Autumn Tyr-Salvia's comment about redacted failure reports being better than no failure reports.

I also suggested that perhaps potential failure report generators would be encouraged if they could see examples of reports with different levels of redaction. This would be as opposed to only seeing "reports SHOULD include as much of the message and message header as is reasonable" in RFC7489 section 7.3, and deciding to avoid a potential headache.

Whether these examples would best be delivered through the DMARCbis appendix, the DMARC Usage draft (currently "parked"), or an effort more aligned with the ARF family of specs, I am not sure.

If there's a desire to see this, I'm willing to try to put something together.

--S.