Hi all,

I mentioned setting To: author instead of From: author-like, near the bottom of
a message[*] a week ago, but missed any WG comments on it.  That setting would
result if I run a mailing list "by hand", using a normal email client.  I'd hit
reply and then add a bunch of Bcc:'s.  Of course, a suitable template would
insert a subject tag instead of "Re:", et cetera.

It'd be a cleaner solution than From: rewriting, inasmuch as it saves the
association between display names and addresses, for the sake of address books
consistency.  The anomaly of seeing authors in To: fields, with some getting
used to it, may even become a distinguished characteristic of indirect mail
flows.

How unbearable would that be?  And why?  Maybe some comments on this subject
can bring out some more details about the rightness or wrongness of the various
flavors of From: rewriting.

Best

[*] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/dmarc/Mi6jz1SfgOnz7JjPUemkpJvFQ_w