On 7/26/2020 2:34 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:
On 7/26/2020 11:29 AM, Hector Santos wrote:
Dave, for a number of years of practice, depending in the system or
service, users have been provided with trust-related decisions . Do
you need real examples?

There is a difference between providing a signal, versus its getting
received and use.

Please provide objective data that these signals are being perceived
and used effectively by end users.

Dave, I made a mistake to preempt the remaining comment by saying "Do you need real examples?" I thought I had removed it. It was rude. Sorry.

Please read the remaining part in my previous message with my input explaining how GMAIL provides Trust-Related decision options to the layman user mail reader.

There is a lot more to this and I need to go. I think you are correct in suggesting the user has no input in the protocols are are looking for. Its the deterministic vs subjective/learning/heuristics protocols issue again. In reality, we don't have the latter (IETF public domain standard for a non-deterministic filtering engine). Unless we want to include SpamAssasin as the Default EmailCore AVS Engine, it has been a long time missing, desirable part of the total picture. With that engine, users would be a natural part of the equation. Unfortunately, we are not there. But with the former, I always thought these deterministic protocols were targeted for unsolicited, anonymous transactions where only the AUTHOR DOMAIN, the self-signing domain, is the only trusted source. Not the user or even the sender unless IFF there is an Author::Sender association established.

Have a good day, off to relax at the safe-distancing pool.

--
Hector Santos,
https://secure.santronics.com