On Wed, 10 Aug 2022, Barry Leiba wrote:
Yeh, I have to take serious issue with this:
It's not a "tantrum" to say that it's not reasonable to require all
mailing list software and every mailing list in the world to change
what's worked for decades in order to work around a problem caused by
use of a new standard in a way that new standard wasn't designed to be
used.

Moreover, even if we totally hypothetically did persuade lists to do from de-munging, IT WOULD NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

The reason mail providers invented ARC rather than something simpler is so they can look back and do spam filtering that the lists didn't, and deal with spam leaking through lists. I'm not guessing here, that's what they told me. So de-munging has all of the implementation hurdles of ARC, needing to know who's a credible forwarder, but not the key utility.

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY