While reviewing something in the aggregate doc, I came across this bit in the
XML specification.  Unless I've missed something, we're not incrementing the
version in the DMARC DNS record.

  <!-- The version declared in the DMARC record found. -->
  <xs:element name="version_published" type="xs:decimal"
        minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>

So, if we're not changing that DNS record, obviously this "version" string has
less meaning.  The prose describing the field says this would be "1" or "2".
If we're going to stick to not incrementing the version string, I need to
update this to reflect that.  Not a horrible task, just wanted to be clear
before I make work for myself.

--
Alex Brotman
Sr. Engineer, Anti-Abuse & Messaging Policy