Thanks for that, Scott.  For what it’s worth,  i have sympathy for your
position, both as a participant and as chair.  I do, though think that what
we have now or something like it is the only way we will get rough
consensus, that the other option is not to publish DMARC as a standard, and
that given the deployment already the value of publishing the standard with
at least this level of warnings overrides the desire to be more strict,
knowing that such a greater level of strictness won’t be obeyed.

I wish it weren’t so: I wish that major email platforms would value
interoperability over an oddly loose sense of brand protection.  But it is
so, and they don’t.

Barry