Assume this RFC5322 header:

     From: user@attackdomain, presid...@whitehouse.gov

For messages like this:

   - Verifying one identity (e.g. "user@attackdomain") does nothing to say
   that the unverified identity is used with authorization.
   - Technical issues mean that it will be rare, nearly impossible, for a
   multiple-domain address to authenticate all addresses.

We can ensure that sender policy is not ignored If we specify recipient
chose of these behaviors:

   - Test all domains for DMARC and follow the strictest resulting
   disposition advice, or
   - Reject the message as inherently inconsistent with being able to
   authenticate all addresses, and therefore not worth the trouble to attempt
   the calculation.

Ultimately, multiple-address From is an anachronism -- the early
specifications allowed it, but experience shows that nobody really needs or
uses it, and important participants have already dropped support for it.
The RFC5322 rewrite should deprecate it so that DMARCbis does not have to
dance around the subject.

Doug Foster