Short of having more Don's, is there anything that can be done to reduce how much time it takes to process patches?
Automated test suite against dmd with the patch? Detection of patches that apply cleanly? A less automated thing is someone to check if patches come with new tests that verify they do what is intended. Etc... Sent from my iPhone On Mar 6, 2011, at 1:43 AM, Walter Bright <[email protected]> wrote: > I know, I know, but this piles up faster and faster. 8 new bugzilla reports > just today. Many come with patches. I fixed one. > > Brad Roberts wrote: >> >> Walter, as gatekeeper to dmd, this is primarily addressed to you. A major >> portion of engaging with a community of >> developers is being responsive to their desires to help out. One of the >> primary reasons we switched to github was >> exactly to better engage with the community. I really think taking more >> than a week to respond to a pull request is >> excessive. Over a month, rather rude. It's certainly not encouraging >> anyone to continue to invest their time. >> >> So, would you take some time this weekend to catch up? If there's something >> that you'd like either Don or I to do with >> them, speak up. I'm willing to invest a bit of time if it'd help get the >> change merged in a more timely manner. >> >> Here's the open pull requests for dmd: >> >> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/3 Feb 6, 2011 >> const(Object) ref >> >> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/5 Feb 9, 2011 >> Issue 4360 - Allow intrinsics in core.bitop to operate as intrinsics >> >> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/6 Feb 13, 2011 >> Issue 4833 - map file location obeys -od/-of flags >> >> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/7 Feb 13, 2011 >> Remove old druntime interface >> >> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/10 Feb 20, 2011 >> Clarify tuple length error message >> >> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/11 Feb 26, 2011 >> Issue 3541 - Add -oq to dmd (use fully qualified module name as object >> filename) >> >> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/12 Mar 3, 2011 >> Bug fixes I threw patches in the past >> (NOTE: looks like at least part of this one needs to be delayed. Thanks >> for reviewing it Don!) >> >> If you don't think that the code is ready to be pulled, at a minimum, a >> comment needs to be added about what needs to be >> done. >> >> Thanks, >> Brad >> _______________________________________________ >> dmd-internals mailing list >> [email protected] >> http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-internals >> >> >> > > _______________________________________________ > dmd-internals mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-internals
_______________________________________________ dmd-internals mailing list [email protected] http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-internals
