I understand. If I could, I'd kindly discourage you from working on it. Its existence would stifle the impetus to work on general lexing and parsing frameworks (a la highly integrated lex/yacc using D's generational capabilities). Those in turn would push the compiler forward and would help fixing bugs, and would offer the proverbial fishing rod (tools for parsing any language) instead of fish (a lexer and a parser for D itself).

Andrei

On 3/8/11 8:41 PM, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Tuesday 08 March 2011 19:53:46 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 3/8/11 7:36 PM, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
Do they _have_ to be in a particular format? I ask because I've slowly
been going through the lexer code, translating it to D for
std.lang.d.lex

What is std.lang.d.lex?

It's the D lexer for Phobos that Walter wanted written. He wanted someone to
port the compiler's C++ frontend's lexer to D. I volunteered to do it.

http://lists.puremagic.com/pipermail/digitalmars-d/2010-October/085981.html

I've slowly been working on it, but I'm a ways from being done.

- Jonathan M Davis
_______________________________________________
dmd-internals mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-internals
_______________________________________________
dmd-internals mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-internals

Reply via email to