On Tuesday, October 08, 2013 11:35:37 Jacob Carlborg wrote: > On Oct 08, 2013, at 10:18 AM, Walter Bright <[email protected]> wrote: > > Because I often need to amend a pull request, and I was told it was done > > with: > > > > git --amend -a > > git push -f > > > > and I've been doing that successfully since I've been doing PR's. > > I'm not sure how your workflow is but if you need to amend a pull request I > would think you would do something like this: > > 1. Merge the pull request on your local machine > 2. Make your changes and amend > 3. Push to your own fork at Github (origin) or push to upstream if the pull > request should be merged into master. No need to use "push -f"
You need push -f if you rebased. Otherwise, you shouldn't need it. Certainly, you shouldn't be using -f unless you actually need to, otherwise you risk forcing pushes that you don't actually want to succeed. - Jonathan M Davis _______________________________________________ dmd-internals mailing list [email protected] http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-internals
