Carlos, please see inline.

Ok, I'll check the description to better understand the DLIF function.

> > > I have to read his draft, but unless you have control on the routing
> > > infrastructure (and this is not always possible, and it takes time
> > > to converge), I don't see many other options to ensure address
> continuity.
> >
> > I don't expect this to take long time, as the routing states are not
> > to be enforced in all routers, at least not in our proposal.
> > Intention is to keep the routing plane as it is and update states only
> > is one dedicated router per data session, which translates the MN's IP
> > address into a routable one to ensure that remaining routers in the
> > network forward the downlink packet to the MN's current anchor point.
> > The previous anchor point is released from any forwarding tasks. Further
> advantage is that routes are potentially more optimal compared to
> forwarding from a previous anchor.
> > Which does not mean that both approaches cannot co-exist. A DMM
> > solution could rely on forwarding while the state in the routing plane is
> established.
>
> I have to admit I haven't checked your proposal yet.

No problem ;-)

> What you mention
> seems like a NAT-based approach, is it true?

We propose NAT to save per-packet overhead and use the prefix/IP address
being assigned and anchored at the new anchor as locator, which intrinsically
has identifier information. So, reverse NAT on the new anchor is easily
possible.
But that's not the key of the approach, as NAT can be easily replaced by IP
tunnels.
The key approach is to solve DMM in the routing plane above anchors while using
the existing routing plane.

> and if there is a dedicated
> router, isn't it a centralized entity?

It's exactly the opposite. No additional hierarchy level for mobility.
Forwarding is being
done by standard routers which build the routing plane in the core, metro and
aggregation
network. They can setup a transient per-host state after the MN's anchor has
been relocated
and perform a longest prefix match. These routers are distributed throughout
the routing plane.
After NAT or encapsulation, remaining routers on the path to the MN's current
anchor
perform routing according to their existing entries, as the used IP address
represents
a routable address and locator, which is anchored at the MN#s current mobility
anchor.

>if the point is that that entity is closer to
> the MN (not deep in the operator's core), then I see that as a kind-of
> hierarchical-alike solution.

Mobility anchors are distributed and located closer to the MN. No additional
hierarchy
level is introduced, as there is no additional anchor above the distributed
mobility anchors.

marco