Hi Pierrick,

I’ve many times thought about your question. I would say how effectively should
we deploy/support multicast over distributed mobility rather than distributed
mobile multicast. As a result, you can find this deployment use case and gap
analysis at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sfigueiredo-multimob-use-case-dmm-03 presented
in multimob several times.

In unicast DMM, main innovation is to distribute the anchor function at many
access routers from single core. Following architectural concept of DMM,
flexible multicast distribution is one of multicast requirement resulted from
the draft described above.

REQ8: Flexible multicast distribution

"DMM solutions SHOULD be compatible with flexible multicast distribution
scenarios. This flexibility enables different IP multicast flows with respect
to a mobile host to be managed (e.g., subscribed, received and/or transmitted)
using multiple endpoints".

Motivation: The motivation for this requirement is to enable flexibility in
multicast distribution. The multicast solution may therefore avoid having
multicast-capable access routers being restricted to manage all IP multicast
traffic relative to a host via a single endpoint (e.g. regular or tunnel
interface), which would lead to the problems described in PS1 and PS6.

PS6: Duplicate multicast traffic

IP multicast distribution over architectures using IP mobility solutions  may
lead to convergence of duplicated multicast subscriptions towards the tunnel’s
downstream entity (e.g. MAG in PMIPv6).  Concretely, when multicast
subscription for individual mobile nodes is coupled with mobility tunnels,
duplicate multicast subscription(s) is prone to be received through different
upstream paths. This problem is potentially more severe in a distributed
mobility environment [draft-sfigueiredo-multimob-use-case-dmm-03].

Regards,

Seil