Hi,

The specific passage from the new draft that I wanted the wg to
see is the following (with references to AERO removed). Please
review and send questions or comments.

Thanks - Fred
fred.l.temp...@boeing.com

---

3.  A Day in the Life of an Enterprise Mobile Device User

   An enterprise network mobile device user ("Bill") begins his workday
   by seating his primary end user device (EUD) (e.g., a laptop computer,
   a tablet, a smart phone, etc.) in a docking station at his office desk
   and turning the device on.  The docking station connects Bill's EUD to
   the enterprise wired LAN, and the EUD receives a Topologically-Fixed
   Address (TFA) from the infrastructure.  Bill's EUD further discovers
   the DMM service within the enterprise network and requests a Topology
   Independent Prefix (TIP)delegation.  Bill's EUD receives the same TIP
   delegation it gets every time it connects to the enterprise network,
   because the DMM service has an administratively set mapping between
   the TIP and Bill's EUD device ID.

   Bill's EUD can then access topologically-fixed enterprise services
   using its TFA directly, and can access DMM services by using an
   address from its TIP as the source address for tunneling over the
   enterprise network.  As Bill's workday unfolds, his EUD uses the DMM
   service to correspond with other EUDs in peer-to-peer sessions, join
   lengthy virtual conferencing sessions, access enterprise fileshares,
   etc.  The DMM service ensures that optimal routes are maintained so
   that tunneled communications flow over direct paths and network
   infrastructure elements are not unnecessarily over-burdened.

   While communications sessions such as the video conference are still
   in progress, Bill leaves the office to attend a meeting in a nearby
   conference room.  He disconnects his EUD from the docking station and
   in the process drops his connection to the wired LAN.  The EUD
   quickly enables a WiFi interface that searches for a Service Set
   Identifier (SSID) that can provide wireless access within the
   enterprise network.  The EUD authenticates itself to the network via
   the SSID using its pre-loaded certificates, and uses a securing
   mechanism such as IEEE 802.1x to assure Confidentiality, Integrity
   and Availability (CIA).  The EUD receives a new TFA from the network,
   then communicates its new TIP-to-TFA association to the DMM service
   and any active peer correspondents.  Any ongoing communications
   sessions will continue to see the same (stable) TIP.

   Bill then leaves the enterprise campus to attend an off-site customer
   meeting with his EUD still powered on and actively seeking to
   maintain network connectivity.  As Bill departs from the building,
   the WiFi signal fades until it can no longer support communications,
   and the EUD quickly enables a 4G cellular wireless interface that
   connects Bill's EUD to a cellular service provider.  The EUD then
   locates the Internet address of an enterprise network security
   gateway and initiates a VPN session with the gateway (which also acts
   participates in the DMM service).  The DMM service updates the routing
   system, and Bill can continue to use the same TIP that was assigned
   to his EUD when he started his workday even though the EUD is now
   communicating over a VPN configured over the public Internet instead
   of over the secured campus LAN.

   Bill subsequently arrives at the customer meeting at a public
   restaurant with a WiFi hotspot.  His EUD quickly powers up its WiFi
   interface and powers down the 4G interface.  The EUD uses DMM
   signaling to communicate the new TFA to the security gateway and the
   VPN survives the mobility event.  Moreover, the EUD can continue to
   use the same TIP it received at the beginning of the workday, and
   ongoing communication sessions can continue until Bill explicitly
   discontinues them.

   After the customer meeting, Bill leaves the restaurant and
   subsequently passes through several additional transitions from WiFi
   hotspots to 4G wireless.  Again, the DMM service keeps the VPN
   session alive, and the TIP assigned to the EUD remains in continuous
   use in active communication sessions as well as to allow Bill to
   receive notifications and process urgent requests.  When Bill returns
   to his office, the EUD discontinues use of the VPN while keeping its
   TIP active after re-attaching to the campus LAN.

   Bill ends his workday, powers down his EUD and returns home.  Bill
   powers on his EUD to check e-mails, and connects to the enterprise
   network via a VPN configured over his home ISP service.  The EUD
   again receives the same TIP that it used within the enterprise
   network domain, and Bill can access DMM services the same as if he
   was in the office.  Bill finally shuts down for the evening, and
   begins his next workday in the same fashion.  Again, the EUD receives
   the same TIP as always regardless of the access network point of
   connection over which the EUD enters the enterprise.