On 9/12/14 2:36 AM, "Alexandru Petrescu" <alexandru.petre...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Sri - I agree that specifications allow certain handovers.
>
>I am not sure what do you mean by Mobile VPN?  Mobile IP using a MH-HA
>tunnel with a VPN-style tunnel?  A VPN which changes the source address
>with a new IKE exchange?  These are two different things.
>
>In my experience, once I successfully set up a VPN tunnel on a Host
>computer its Mobile IP implementation will no longer work, and
>vice-versa; although each one can support mobility ok, independently, to
>a certain extent.

Alex,

No. Depends on how you tie the Mobile IP and IKE session. Sure, if you use
CoA for IKE/IPsec, your IPsec session is dead after each Mobile IP handoff.

Instead, use the HoA for IKE transaction; Mobile IP offers mobility to
HoA. IKE/IPsec session is an application using that HoA :)

The result is Mobile VPN :) It works, we had a product on Windows many
years back.

Sri