Le 16/04/2015 06:58, Jouni Korhonen a écrit :
Folks,

The adoption call for this I-D has ended. There is a clear concensus to
adopt the I-D as a working group item.

I support its adoption.

We have been working with an identifier specific to automobiles to use to realize access control. Identifying an entire set of IP nodes deployed in a vehicle is different than identifying an end-user like address@realm.

We looked for such an identifier and believe the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) be a good candidate.

One would consider using one type, like type 40, to encode the VIN or parts of it, into an MN-ID.

The questions to the group are the following:
- is VIN considered private information? (in deployments it is private
  to a certain extent, but publicly avaliable to cameras or in public
  databases to another extent).
- is the MN-ID type 40 ok for it.
- is one type sufficient or should there be subtypes.

Yours,

Alex

- Jouni & Dapeng