Folks, let's not forget that most of these things you are talking about are
session layer issues.
According to OSI layering, the session layer is Layer 5, above Layer 4
which is transport layer.
3GPP is using UDP which is Layer 4 for this session layer coding. I think
probably it is a better layer than the Internet layer which would be the
case with IdLoc protocols, I think even with LISP which uses UDP
encapsulation.

Behcet