At 09:34 AM 9/20/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi, I just upgraded to the latest Dnews version and have turned on getmail
>and tomail betweeen newsgroups and majordomo lists.
>
>I observed that when tomail is first enabled for a news group, it will
>send out all existing posts on the group to the mailing list.
>
>While this is okay for small groups with few posts, I do have one group
>with heavy volume that I need to turn on tomail for. In this case, I do
>not want tomail to "catch up" and send out 300+ old messages to the
>mailing list.
>
>I'm I describing the behaviour correctly and can it be changed?
I'm about 99% sure it doesn't do that, I can't think how it could actually,
it certainly isn't supposed to.
My best guess is you had the old messages in a mailbox already? Or I may
be mis understanding how you configured it, did you do this on a dnews server
that was sucking the group in question from another system, if it sucked the
group AFTER you configured tomail.conf then this would happen.
If that's the case simply make sure the dnews system has the group up to date
before you configure tomail
ChrisP.