At 10:03 AM 6/20/02 -0500, you wrote:

>This still isn't working the way I would like.  Here is my current 
>access.conf file:
>
>*:read,post:$lookup$:$lookup$:!*
>*:read,post:::*,!temp.private
>*:read,post:groups=privategroup::temp.private:addonly
>
>I don't have the luxury of referencing all of my wide-open groups with a 
>single name like "chloe.*" as in your example, so I have to use the "*" 
>wildcard to include them all.  But then I have to exclude the 
>"!temp.private" and the presence of a "!" group on line 2 causes the 
>username/password dialog box to appear when I first open the server.
>
>I guess I could explicitly list every group heirarchy on line 2, but I 
>don't want to have to edit this file every time I add a new top level group.

I don't think your problem is with the dnews access rules. (But I could be 
wrong)
I think you actually have it correct already, the user dialogue appears because
you previously had temp.private listed as a group in your client, try 
another client
that doesn't have that group listed and I believe it will not prompt for a 
password.

         ChrisP.



>"cypher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >*:logoff:::*
> >*:read,post:$lookup$:$lookup$:!*:users=50,con=10
> >*:read,post:::chloe.*:users=50,con=10
> >*:read,post:,groups=cbc-group::chloe.*,cbc.*,!*control*,!*ftp*:addonly
> >*:read,post:,groups=ftp-group::chloe.*,ftp.*:addonly
> >
> >ABOVE is my access.conf example.  This allows anonymous (no user/pass) to
> >access all chloe.* groups (see line 3)

------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe send to [EMAIL PROTECTED] a message
containing a single line, unsubscribe

Problems with:
  Incoming feed problems:  http://netwinsite.com/dnews/feedsin.htm
  Access rule problems:    http://netwinsite.com/dnews/access.htm
  General FAQ:              http://netwinsite.com/dnews/faq.htm



Reply via email to