At 06:10 PM 7/13/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I currently run a Dnews server that acts as a backup to a primary news
>server that clients read often.  I have my server set up to suck news from
>the primary server every 10 minutes.  That all seems to work great.  My
>server maintains a full copy of every news message that's on the primary
>server.  Here comes the part I want to fix.  The primary server admin is
>regularly adding new groups.  My server seems to pick them up ok, but it's
>doesn't pick up the news group descriptions.  I want the descriptions to
>come in as well.
>
>Can this be done?

Yes, create a cron/at entry to run this command once a day.
         tellnews getnames


                 ChrisP.
-----------------------------------------------------------

To unsubscribe send to [EMAIL PROTECTED] a message
containing a single line, unsubscribe

Problems with:
  Incoming feed problems:  http://netwinsite.com/dnews/feedsin.htm
  Access rule problems:    http://netwinsite.com/dnews/access.htm
  General FAQ:              http://netwinsite.com/dnews/faq.htm


Reply via email to