Hi,

DNews has a per-process limit of 800 connections. The solution is to use
DMulti, and run multiple DNews processes.

Details on setting this up can be found here -

http://www.netwinsite.com/dnews/dmulti.htm

To improve feed performance when using DMulti, you should request that ihave
feeds in to your system be sent to port 7500 instead of 119.

- Roydon L.

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
>
> We are in the process of testing DNews for Production Rollout on July
25th, Friday.
> I get following error  when I try to connect to DNews:
> The TCP/IP Connection was unexpectedly terminated by Server.
>
>
> When I do "telnet forums-1-dub.sybase.com 119"  from command line
> I get message from DNews:
> 200 forums-1-dub DNEWS Version  5.7c1,, S0, posting OK
> 502 Sorry only 800 simultaneous users permitted, try later
>
>
> I know there are not 800 Users in the System. Why I am getting this ?
> How do I increase this limit ??
> I need immediate Help
>


Reply via email to