Greetings,

I went to bed last night and had checked the status of the news server. To pick a particular pile at random, pile3 had nearly 9000MB in the spool. This morning, I check the status, and pile3 has 785MB in the spool.

I should note that the spool is (overall) around 5% full, and that pile shows 0.3/15.0% full at the moment.

Even though the spool is running about 5%, it is apparently expiring articles:

Spawned Expire started at Mon Jul 21 02:00:07 2003 Done, start 5% end 5%
Processed 158565 removed 3095 deleting 4776/0/4776 speed 8311.95 pass 0
Pile hist_mins 0, xover_mins 15, resort_mins 0, nold 0, fillin 118420, copy 27
874


I'm using the "new" expire rules, and the expire.conf looks like:

reserve 0%
remember 3
pile 1  use  1% sort groups *
pile 2  use  1% sort groups <group_list_removed>
pile 3  use 15% sort groups <group_list_removed>
pile 4  use 48% sort groups <group_list_removed>
pile 5  use 35% sort groups <group_list_removed>

Any ideas, other than just starting over (which I'm going to have to do anyway, to refeed the expired articles - at least the ones I can still get from my upstream)? And, more to the point, any idea why this would happen? (And could it be related to the problem with STATS_IN that I sent earlier?)

Tracy

Reply via email to