Le 25/02/2015 22:11, Go Linux a écrit :
This excellent analysis of the systemd debacle was just posted over on FDN.
Should be required reading IMO.  Enjoy!

http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=120652&p=570371

golinux
Thanks Go Linux for this post. I didn't follow thhe battle inside Debian; therefore it's interesting to read a point of view on the story.

I like the jokes about the Fork posted in the replies. I see Devuan on the clear side of the Fork.

About init in general, and first of all about systemd, I always thought there was an abuse in the terminology and in the implementation, which I would like to explain below:

    Well, there are two pecularities in process #1:

a) it is the first process started by the kernel, and, as such, it is in charge of starting all the necessary services.
    b) it adopts the orphans

These two things are very different and I am amazed that one can call "init" the process in charge to adopt the orphans and eventually re-launch them, and moreover shut down the system.

Init proper, when it has finished starting the system, should exec() another application, in charge of maintaining it alive; and this other should exec() yet another one for shutdown. There is no reason to put all these delicate jobs in only one application. exec() does not change the pid.

    The Fork be with Devuan, yeah!