Lol! I recently happened to be researching the different soundsystem
architectures, after incinerating pulseaudio on my laptop/Wheezy and then
having different problems, and found --> https://wiki.debian.org/Sound

What struck me of particular interest were the three diagrams of how
alsa/jack/pulseaudio perceive the sound architecture. I couldn't help but
think that systemd very likely has the same structure. The "mother, may
I?/None shall pass/TRON MCP" structure.

Developers often hang to a general pattern of designing things; I cant see
why the designer behind pulseaudio would be different. Best argument
against systemd I've seen to date.

SWS