On 06/19/2015 02:59 AM, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
Clarke Sideroad writes:
I hoping the Kernel Developers as a combined whole would see the
bigger Linux picture well beyond the desktop.
I can't see the Kernel being made to swallow something that would
poison the whole multifaceted structure in the way that the various
distros swallowed the, "just another init, what's all the fuss
about?", ever expanding systemd.

Can you imagine the kernel supporting anything that is a problem for its
biggest user? http://bit.ly/1ocxYwI

Android initially just grabbed kernel and forked off.

I suppose you are right the Kernel Developers did go through the hassle of luring Google back into the fold and the relationship gets positive press for both. In that light it does seem unlikely that they would forego all that, just to please the Poetterites.

Clarke