On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 02:06:26AM -0700, James Powell wrote:
> Then this without a doubt is clear evidence that kdbus is in fact a systemd
> proprietary IPC. Has anyone heard of any software otherwise that will use
> kdbus at all, even in the least?
>
> Lennart is desperate to get kdbus in, but is making a critical error in
> judgment with this. No distribution has ever added software to the kernel
> that has been 3rd party via patch, or has limited function, other than Gentoo
> that maintains a patch for OpenRC. ZFSOnLinux has never been allowed, neither
> has Reiser4, or any other non-vanilla code, nor any code from Linux-next.
>
> No package developer in their right mind would do such a lascivious addition
> to the kernel, nor would dare to.

Yes, but no other software had ever managed to sweep sysvinit and
invade all the existing distributions in less than two years,
swallowing almost all the existing low-level OS services in a single
hairball of code, before systemd arrived...

Despite I trust kernel developers, I believe that the inclusion of
kdbus in the kernel will be only a matter of time. I really hope I
will be proven wrong this time, though.

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]