Le 22/01/2016 06:09, Steve Litt a écrit :
Yes! After the last time I did an rm -rf on my laptop, only to discover
it was in an ssh session to my main computer where I didn't want to
delete anything, I always use different color terminals for ssh
sessions and for root sessions. Roxterm's file based "profiles" make it
trivial to have as many of those as you want. Priceless!

    Here is how I set prompt colors in .bashrc, depending on user:

For myself:
PS1='${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}\[\033[01;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[00m\]:\[\033[01;34m\]\w\[\033[00m\]\$ '

For www-data:
PS1='${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}\[\033[01;35m\]\u@\h\[\033[00m\]:\[\033[01;34m\]\w\[\033[00m\]\$ '

For root:
PS1='${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}\[\033[01;31m\]\u@\h\[\033[00m\]:\[\033[01;34m\]\w\[\033[00m\]\$ '

Of course background colour can't be set by this simple way. But note that this colour setting is also available in xfce4-terminal and in gnome-terminal. BTW, I've read some of ROX's docs and they say many applications were forked from Gnome.

    Didier