On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 09:33:52PM +1030, Arthur Marsh wrote:
> Hi, has anyone built the xserver-xorg-core from Debian unstable without
> libsystemd0?

libsystemd0 is benign.  The new dependency on libpam-systemd is worse, as it
actually breaks things if systemd is absent.

On the other hand, rebuilding with --disable-systemd-logind
--without-systemd-daemon seems to work.

> I'm still running Debian but with the angband.pl repositories and this marks
> another stage of being unable to avoid libsystemd0 in Debian.

I just uploaded deinfested xserver-xorg packages, but I don't have the time
right now to test on diverse setups.  All I tested is my home desktop, with
nvidia proprietary.  Thus, it'd be interesting to hear if there are any new
failures for other people.

--
A tit a day keeps the vet away.