On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 10:38:13 +0200, aitor wrote in message
<57b02df5.6080...@gnuinos.org>:

> Hi Edward,
>
> On 08/14/2016 10:20 AM, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know when vdev will be ready for DEVUAN 64 bit?
> >
> > Edward
>
> Today i'm working on vdev. First of all, i'm working on how to
> restore the system if it fails.

..one way is have an usb key with an usb-live distro handy,
(I use an old Debian-Live Wheezy to 'fsck -fy $ROOT') and
chroot in from that.

..another way is set up grub to chainload iso-images you wanna
use to rescue your test system from a any vdev accident.

..a third way is setup grub with both vdev and m|eu|etc|dev stanzas
the way we do with systemd-and-sysv stanza pairs so we can go back
to the "old working systemd" etc way ;o) and fix our mistakes.

..one neat thing about grub, is its shell, once you get the menu,
hit "e" and then the tab key twice, and play around to familiarize
yourselves with how it works, e.g how it finds disks, files, and
how you can boot into root's shell with e.g. "init=/bin/bash".

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: