Hi,

On 08/14/2016 04:16 PM, aitor wrote:

Hi all,

On 08/14/2016 10:20 AM, Edward Bartolo wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know when vdev will be ready for DEVUAN 64 bit?

Edward
-- If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

I don't want to upload my packages of vdev, because my keyboard an my mouse still don't work.

If i use the generated initramfs running:

make -C example initramfs

it's still worse, because then i get a kernel panic.

The problem is in the kernel and the initrd.img. So, i just replaced the *init* file in the sources of initramfs-tools (by Jude Nelson's init file), and added the hooks and the scripts of vdev to it.

After that, i also will try to rebuild the kernel using libudev-compat-dev instead of libudev-dev, and the new package of initramfs-tools instead of debian's.

The kernel depends on initramfs-tools and we need to remove it's dependency on udev.

Cheers,

  Aitor.

I've never used:

# update-rc.d -f something defaults