On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 00:16:02 +0200
Miroslav Rovis <miro.ro...@croatiafidelis.hr> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I read this great Devuan ML whenever I have time, and am still so
> excited to be using Devuan some day,

To refresh everyone's memory, Miroslav sent a lot of email, including
to DNG, concerning operating without DBUS. Although I think operating
without DBUS would be too radical for Devuan, it would be kind of a
cool option.

Once, once in my whole life, I brought up a system without dbus. It was
Manjaro-OpenRC, and was only sans-dbus when in CLI mode: Running x
started dbus.

If anyone's running any kind of GUI Linux system without dbus, tell us
about it.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2016 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28