On 18 October 2016 at 13:49, Nate Bargmann <n...@n0nb.us> wrote:

> * On 2016 18 Oct 03:10 -0500, Aldemir Akpinar wrote:
> > Apparently systemd is having a conference in a week in Berlin. Looking at
> > the schedule ( https://cfp.systemd.io/en/systemdconf_2016/public/
> schedule/0 )
> > is, I think, helpful for us to see what's happening in the systemd
> > universe. Also it's not surprising to see that Redhat is the main
> > sponsor.
>
> According to the way I read the schedule, this has already taken place
> about three weeks ago, Sept 28 through Oct 1.
>
> At the end of Day 2 was a forum, "Talking to systemd from a Web
> Browser".  Uhhh, wut?  That was preceeded by, "Automotive startup and
> device management".  Uhh, nope, not for me.
>
> I wonder when they discussed rounding up and reeducating all the Unix
> gray beards?
>
> - Nate

Yes, I misread the dates.

Tobias kindly sent me the links to the presentations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUUbFGNZ1vI (state of the union,
portable services)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zN0b6BfgLY (bus1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnnL1GCioKY (resolved)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgOV5rAe6xQ (networkd)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uYkW1K0wxo (wireless daemon)

I watched a few of them, and I recommend you to watch the state of the
union(!) video, especially the last part of it. You can download services
from the internet (Lennart claims it will be sandboxed and secure), or you
can start services with -H hostname on a another server a bit like a ssh
root@hostname "systemdctl start xxx" kind of a thing. And I find those
alarming and a bit pointless.

Anyways as you've said we're obsolete grey beards :)
--
aldemir