Quoting Alessandro Selli <alessandrose...@linux.com>:

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 at 22:03:47 +0000 Arnt Gulbrandsen
<a...@gulbrandsen.priv.no> wrote:

Alessandro Selli writes:
  This still doesn't explain why they decided to force-feed Google's DNS
server on the user without prompting the poor fellow any possible choice.

"Your network sucks. Do you want to [ ] use google or [ ] just give up?"

  "Your network stinks.  What DNS servers do you want to use?

[...]
[ ] Pick random ones
[ ] Pick the geographically closest ones
[ ] No DNS configuration now

 Given there is choice, why artificially limit people's possibility to choose
how to skrew their networking up they way they enjoy it most?  :-)
BTW, I'd set FoolDNS as the default choice! ;-)

I counter that these three (or at least "no config now") should be on top of the list.

--
|_|O|_| Registered Linux user #585947