On 2017-03-12 12:36, KatolaZ wrote:
On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 04:33:23PM +0000, Daniel Abrecht wrote:
On 03/12/2017 03:49 PM, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Mar 2017 01:55:27 +1100
> Andrew McGlashan <andrew.mcglas...@affinityvision.com.au> wrote:
>
>>> Plus, on Ubuntu (I am yet to fully test Midori on the Devuan laptop) I
>>> found out it has many addons I was afraid wouldn't be available:
>>>
>>> Adblock "Block advertisements according to a filter list"
>> The best blocker is "uBlock Origin" both words, not just uBlock.
>>
>> They say they are not an ad blocker, but they block ads and other bad
>> stuff by default -- is that available for Midori?  If it is, go with
>> that in place of Adblock (any variant).
> Have you considered rolling your own add-blocking with a list of unwanted
sites in /etc/hosts ?
I'm using the block lists from Pi-hole on my local DNS Server, which has
the benefit that I don't need to install an AD-blocker on each of my
devices.

Namely. I still don't see why one should have a different ad-blocker
embedded into each broswer. A simple all-round solution is reported,
for instance, among the add-ons to surf:

  http://surf.suckless.org/files/adblock-hosts

KatolaZ

Can any of these alternative adblocking tools block elements within a page? AdblockPlus allows for that and I use it almost every day.

gilinux