Hi everybody,

I am trying to find out why I'm getting an error when trying to add a PPA
repository in Devuan Jessie, but not getting the same error in Debian Jessie.
It's just for a program called "Hollywood Technodrama". I run the same command
for both distros:

~$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:hollywood/ppa

This is the message I am getting in Devuan Jessie:

You are about to add the following PPA to your system:

 More info: https://launchpad.net/~hollywood/+archive/ubuntu/ppa
Press [ENTER] to continue or ctrl-c to cancel adding it

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/apt-add-repository", line 167, in <module>
    sp = SoftwareProperties(options=options)
  File
"/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line
105, in __init__
    self.reload_sourceslist()
  File
"/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line
595, in reload_sourceslist
    self.distro.get_sources(self.sourceslist)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/aptsources/distro.py", line 89, in
get_sources
    (self.id, self.codename))
aptsources.distro.NoDistroTemplateException: Error: could not find a
distribution template for Devuan/jessie

And this is the successful message I am getting in Debian Jessie:

You are about to add the following PPA to your system:

 More info: https://launchpad.net/~hollywood/+archive/ubuntu/ppa
Press [ENTER] to continue or ctrl-c to cancel adding it

gpg: keyring `/tmp/tmpy4i2pigm/secring.gpg' created
gpg: keyring `/tmp/tmpy4i2pigm/pubring.gpg' created
gpg: requesting key 791FF5A4 from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
gpg: /tmp/tmpy4i2pigm/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created
gpg: key 791FF5A4: public key "Launchpad PPA for hollywood" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1  (RSA: 1)
OK

At first I thought that I misspelled "apt-add-repository" instead of
"add-apt-repository", but then I noticed that either way gave me same results
for both distros.

I am very interested in Devuan and hope to contribute someday when I gain more
experience. Thank you in advance for any hint or help.

Regards,
--
Héctor A. Abreu