On 13-10-17 06:42, Gregory Nowak wrote:
On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 09:01:05PM -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:
The Pi is unreliable with
a USB hard drive what with its USB and Ethernet being on shared
interrupts.  BTDT, lost the data once.
Interesting. I've been using a pi3 for almost two years 24/7 with a usb drive,
and
   have seen no data loss so far. I am using it with a powered hub, and
   the drive is a 2.5 drive in an enclosure powered via usb.

Greg

Same situation but with the original Pi B and a selfpowered WD drive working like a charm for years now.

The only time i have seen datacorruption with another Pi was on the SD-card not on the HDD. (I have 5 Pi's working 24/7)

Grtz.

Nick