kato...@freaknet.org writes:
So, if everybody switch to macbooks, we don't need to struggle any
more to make things work on Linux, right?

That's right. But irrelevant since not everyone will switch to macbooks.

Personally I didn't see a problem with being in a tiny minority when I installed linux 0.95 and don't see a problem with being a minority now. I do see a problem with misunderstanding the motivations of the majority, though.

What's your problem with suspend in your laptop?

I'll find out, and perhaps suggest some change to a package. KDE as built doesn't offer "suspend" as a possible reaction to closing the lid, the /etc/acpi/events directory is empty, and the lid close event doesn't lead to anything in syslog. But I'll find out.

The servers I run devuan on work perfectly without any changes, BTW. I needed to fiddle with lm-sensors and such, that's all. Devuan worked as well as can be.

Arnt