Lurker here. Following this stuff for a couple of years, playing with
Dejuan and its downstream variants with some success, some failures, but
always interesting. I’m very empathetic to Steve Litt’s feelings on the
systemd stuff, and am particularly inspired to reply to the latest missive
on the possibility that Red Hat’s darling Mr. Poettering is primarily
motivated to make Red Hat Enterprise lots of money in offering paid support
of systemd Linux operations. As per politics, religion, educational
prerogatives, and historical perspectives as officially endorsed, in the
case of Linux and systemd, FOLLOW THE MONEY TRAIL. That nearly always works
in tracing the sources of derision.

>From the perspective of a retired programmer/analyst, now dilletante, you
Dejuan folks are on the precipice of success. See the forest over the
trees, get your message out as an upstream solution to Linux in the
enterprise - from servers to employee desktop/laptop solutions, there is no
reason that systemd-free Linux alternatives can’t supplant the Red Hat,
etc., cabal. They have MONEY, and that buys them exposure. My former
employer, a major university, has bought Red Hat support hook, line, and
sinker. You guys aren’t even on the radar.  I only am aware of your
position and offerings as an old fart hobbyist with time to explore. I wish
you well. How can you compete with the power that is money that propagates
Red Hat, Canonical, et al? That’s your main dilima right now, perhaps on
the threshold of eclipsing your system development tasks.

Cheers.
--
Move from rim to hub; know the wheel. - <Anon>