On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 18:47:18 +0100
Antony Stone <antony.st...@devuan.open.source.it> wrote:

> On Friday 12 January 2018 at 18:23:19, Steve Litt wrote:
>
> > Just speaking for myself, because of its deliberate obfuscations
> > making integration extremely difficult, I don't consider SystemD to
> > be free software.
>
> So what do you classify it as?
>
> Proprietary?  Closed source?  Commercial?

Obfuscationware.

New name for a new type of software that wasn't thought of a couple
decades ago: Otherwise free software with the intent and effect to
lessen our freedom to use our (other) software.

I repeat: SystemD doesn't fit into current categories in the Free
Software spectrum.

SteveT

Steve Litt
January 2018 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb