On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 01:42:26AM +0800, Brad Campbell wrote:
> On 14/01/18 06:30, KatolaZ wrote:
> >The bet ingredient for a successful "Primary Plan" is to assume that
> >there is no backup plan, an act accordingly ;)
>
> Quite on the contrary. Having a well formulated and tested backup plan means
> you won't need it.

Hi Brad,

I really struggle to follow your logic here, and in particular I don't
see how having a well-formulated backup plan can contribute to the
success of your primary plan. I actually think that a
too-well-formulated backup plan will hinder your potential success in
the primary one: if something tiny goes wrong in your main plan you
don't have to bang your head on the wall. Just switch to your perfect
backup plan, let the others continue banging their heads on that
bloody wall, and you'll be fine on your own.

I could switch to FreeBSD tomorrow, and most probably not even notice
the difference, but I would personally consider that a big
failure. Hence, for me that "backup plan" does not exist.  I will
continue to bang my head on the wall until Devuan works for me. If
there are more of us willing to bang their heads on the wall to make
Devuan work, each of us will bang his own head for less time, with
less harm, and with much larger probability of having the issue
solved.

What I meant is that the success of Devuan is definitely bound to none
of the Devuan users and developers giving up on Devuan. In other
words, to the Devuan community not stopping to cater and care for
Devuan. However it can. Whatever it costs.

My2Cents

KatolaZ